Saturday, October 30, 2010

Amish Friendship Bread - No Starter needed

I like Amish Friendship Bread. The only thing I don't like about it is taking care of the starter and ending up with 6 loaves of bread everytime I make it. So this recipe is all the goodness of Amish Friendship Bread without the worry. The measurements are kind of weird because I halved the recipe to just make one loaf.

Ingredients:
3/8 C sugar
1/4 C milk
3/8 C flour
1/2 C oil
1 1/2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

1 C flour
1/2 C sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 box instant pudding mix (whatever flavor)
Chocolate Chips (optional)

Directions:

Combine the first six ingredients. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients. Combine, stirring until just blended. Add the chocolate chips if you desire. (I can never make a dessert without chocolate!).
Pour batter into a bread pan. Bake at 325 for an hour. Let cool 10 min in pan, then remove from pan to finish cooling.



I used butterscotch pudding because that was the only pudding mix I had in the house. But I have also used chocolate before and I believe vanilla or any other flavor would turn out wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment