Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lemon Cream Bars

This is the second time I have made these lemon cream bars. The original recipe calls for a 9x13 pan but I thought that was too big. The first time I made it in a medium sized pan that I borrowed. This time, I didn't have that size so I made it in a 9x9 dish. I preferred the size in between 9x13 and 9x9. It made a bar that was thick enough to enjoy but not too much. If you like lemon bars you will like these. And it was very easy.

Ingredients:
Filling:
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C lemon juice
Streusel:
1 1/2 C flour
1 C Oats
1 C Brown Sugar
2/3 C butter, melted
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
Stir together milk and lemon juice. Let sit. Meanwhile mix the streusel ingredients until crumbly. Pat half of the mixture into a greased baking dish. Pour the filling over it and sprinkle with remaining streusel. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool. Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment