Saturday, February 25, 2012

Orange Creamsicle Cookies

I know I have been posting desserts almost exclusively lately. I will try to post a few main dishes soon. But these cookies are so tasty that I needed to add them to my collection. My friend Jessica brought a few of these to me when I was sick and I have already made them twice since. They are a citrus-y cookie that is a nice something different if you aren't feeling like chocolate chip cookies.

I usually have to add extra flour to keep them from spreading out to much while baking.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 C flour
3/4 C white sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 C butter, softened
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate, melted
2 Tbsp orange zest (between 2 and 4 oranges) - (I just added extra concentrate instead of the zest)
1 1/2 C white chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter and sugars several minutes, until light in color. Add egg, vanilla, orange juice concentrate, and zest. Mix until well combined. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and blend just until combined. If dough is too sticky, add flour a little bit at a time until more of a play-dough consistency. Stir in white chocolate chips. Scoop dough balls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are slightly brown. Do not over bake. Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes until no longer soft and squishy. I enjoy these room temperature or even cool. I actually don't think I have tasted them warm.

2 comments: