Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Egg-Free Sugar Cookies


I found this sugar cookie recipe and thought I would give it a try so my son with an egg allergy could eat them too. We had a lot of fun making these, sampling the dough, and then decorating the finished product. And of course eating them too! They were a very good flavor and texture.

The original recipe has you refrigerate the dough at least an hour but I found that my dough was probably ready to roll out immediately. Since I did refrigerate it, I had to let it thaw for a good 15 minutes before I could roll it out.

Recipe Source
Ingredients:
3 1/4 C flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 C butter, softened
1 1/4 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C milk

Directions:
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar well. Add the vanilla and milk, stirring until well mixed. Slowly add in the flour mixture. When dough comes together, divide into two lumps so you can work with a smaller batch at a time. Shape each lump into a flat disk and then roll out to 1/4 in thickness. If the dough seems too soft, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate an hour. Cut into desired shapes. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool before frosting.

1 comment: