Sunday, July 22, 2012

Creamy Crockpot Potato Soup

My friend told me about this indulgent soup. It is so creamy, I love it! A great comfort food for winter. The original recipe called for frozen hash-browns but I used fresh potatoes I shredded in my grater and it turned out lovely. I also added a few carrots we had in the fridge.

Original Recipe
Ingredients:
5 peeled, shredded potatoes (or you can use a 30oz bag of shredded hash-browns, frozen)
3 cups of chicken boullion
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 C onion, chopped
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 8oz package of cream cheese

Directions:
Mix everything but the cream cheese in the crockpot. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-6 hours. When you have about 1 hour left, add the cream cheese. Make sure you stir it thoroughly before serving. Top with green onions and cheddar cheese if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment