Friday, July 20, 2012

Skillet Lasagna

My sister recommended this recipe to me. It is a lasagna you cook in a skillet. It was easy and tasty. I was worried it would be too tomato-ey but it tasted like a lasanga to me. And it doesn't call for any meat but I bet you could add some if you felt in the mood - however I didn't even miss it in this dish. So cheesy and delish.

Here is the original recipe. I modified it a bit to this:

Ingredients
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tsp basil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
About 6 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into pieces and cooked
2 tablespoons parsley (dried or fresh)

Directions:
Heat the oil and cook the onions until tender. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes, sauce, basil, pepper and salt. Cook about 5 minutes, until thickened a bit. Stir in the cooked noodles. Spoon on ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Let cheese melt. Stir in parsley and serve. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I also leave out the mushrooms, but don't tell Nate. I'm sure he'd love to have them in there, too!

    ReplyDelete