Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chicken Ranch Pizza



I love pizza. I rarely digress from the red-sauce pepperoni type because why change something that is perfect? But here was a rare occasion where I decided to test out a ranch chicken pizza. I thought it looked beautiful but I have a cold and couldn't really taste it very well. However, my husband says it is the first white-sauce pizza he has ever liked and he ate 5 slices so it must be tasty, right?


I doubled this recipe to get two medium sized pizzas. I was in the mood for a thinner crust than usual so I only made 3/4 of the dough recipe.
Doesn't it look so colorful?
Ingredients:
Ranch dressing
1/2 batch of pizza crust
3/4  C shredded mozzarella cheese
½ grilled chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1/2 tomato, seeded and diced
2-3 green onions, chopped
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat your oven and pizza stone to 450. Roll out the pizza dough onto a sheet of parchment paper (if you don't have a pizza peel this is the best method. You can just slide the pizza and parchment onto the pizza stone then slide it back off when it is done). Spread a layer of ranch dressing on your dough. Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese, chicken, tomato, and green onions. Top with the shredded cheddar. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Makes 1 medium-to-large pizza
Recipe Source

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure my hubby will love this pizza. I am excited to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete