Thursday, February 28, 2013

Italian Dressing Mix

I wanted to make my Italian Chicken in the Crockpot for dinner yesterday. I didn't have any Italian dressing mix and didn't want to make a trip out to the store for it.

With a little internet search I came across this recipe for the mix using ingredients I already had. Our dinner turned out delicious!

Ingredients:
 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbs onion powder
2 Tbs oregano
1 Tbs dried parsley
1 Tbs Sugar
2 Tbs salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp basil
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp dried celery leaves or flakes (I substituted 1/4 tsp celery seed)

Instructions:
Mix all ingredients together and store. I used 2 Tbs for a packet of dressing mix.

For Italian Salad Dressing: Mix 2 Tbs of mix with 1/4 C vinegar, 2 Tbs water, and 1/2 to 2/3 cup of oil. Shake well.
  • 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 2 tablespoons oregano, ground or leaves
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons salt or substitute
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground basil or leaves
  • ¼ teaspoon ground thyme or leaves
  • ½ teaspoon dried celery leaves or flakes
  • - See more at: http://afewshortcuts.com/2012/01/tide-you-over-tuesday-homemade-italian-dressing-mix/#sthash.MNZdGmhN.dpuf

    No comments:

    Post a Comment