Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bread Machine Hamburger Buns


Today I wanted to actually make something for dinner since it has been a while (the arrival of a new baby will do that!). But I knew it needed to be something that wouldn't take too much work because I never know when I will be interrupted by his cries.

I decided to make crock pot barbecue chicken and homemade buns. I found this recipe at Food.com

These were very easy to make and taste delicious. I will use them as dinner rolls as well. And since they are made in the bread machine, hands on prep time is really only about 15 minutes total. The original recipe called for bread flour but I used all purpose flour and added wheat gluten.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 C milk, slightly warm
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbs butter
1/4 C white sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 3/4 C flour
1 Tbs + 1 tsp vital wheat gluten (optional)
1 1/4 tsp instant yeast


Directions:
Mix all ingredients into bread machine according to manufacturer's directions. Run the "dough" cycle. Turn out onto floured surface and split dough into two pieces. Roll out each piece until 3/4 inch thick. Using an inverted cup, cut out 6 rolls from each piece (I chose to freeze half the dough). Place dough disks onto greased pan. Brush with melted butter and let rise until double (about 1 hour). Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

These would make excellent dinner rolls as well. Just size them a bit smaller or bake in a muffin tin!

No comments:

Post a Comment