Monday, April 18, 2011

Crockpot Barbecue Chicken


Here is a deliciously simple recipe I found on allrecipes.com. I was a little wary of adding the italian dressing to it but it turned out absolutely wonderful.

Stick it in the crockpot and enjoy a few hours later. Works great with my bread machine hamburger buns.

I always get so excited to eat, I forget pictures! So I took one from allrecipes.

Since there are only two of us to eat, I like to be stingy on the meat to make our food budget last longer. However, our crockpot is quite large so I often burn whatever food I put in it because there is not enough. This time, I learned that you can put a smaller oven safe dish inside the crockpot and cook successfully in that. It was great! I put a little ceramic bowl in an covered it with foil to keep the moisture inside. My chicken cooked perfectly.Ingredients:
One large chicken breast
1/3 bottle of barbecue sauce
1/4 C italian salad dressing
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 Tbs soy sauce

Directions:
Put the chicken breast in the small container inside your crockpot. Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover with foil. Cook on low for five hours. Open up crockpot and shred chicken with a fork. Cover and cook one more hour. Serve on buns.

This recipe makes a small amount - only two servings. It can easily be adjusted for larger groups.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! It looks yummy and I didn't know you could do that with an oven-safe dish in the crockpot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It makes it so nice because I don't have to cook $10 worth of chicken all at once :)

    ReplyDelete