Friday, May 20, 2011

Blonde Brownies


I have always loved blonde brownies. In my opinion, people do not make them nearly enough. I think I probably enjoy them more that chocolate chip cookies. Let's face it, a blonde brownie is just a really thick, chewy chocolate chip cookie anyway. So if you are ever craving such a thing (and when are you not?), this is the perfect recipe to make. The dough/batter was delicious as well.

Also, a shout out to dehydrated eggs. I used them in this recipe and in every recipe I have tried them with so far, I cannot taste the difference. Makes for guilt free tasting of the dough!

While I am shouting out, I might as well thank real butter too. I bought some genuine butter to make my lemon bars and wow, I think it makes a big difference. Everything I have baked with the leftover butter has turned out so wonderful! Too bad butter is about 4 times more expensive than margarine. Oh well, I guess I have to keep using margarine in some things so I can appreciate the difference when I use butter.

Ingredients:
1 C flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 C butter (melted)
1 C brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbs vanilla (yes, I thought it was a lot but it tasted great)
2/3 C chocolate chips

Directions:
Mix flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a small bowl. Combine brown sugar and melted butter in a separate mixing bowl until smooth. Add in the beaten egg and vanilla. Slowly mix in the dry flour mixture. Add the chocolate chips.

Pour the batter into a greased 9x9 pan. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes*.

*Note: I had to bake mine the full 25. Then I turned the oven off and left them in for a few minutes longer to finish cooking the inside without burning the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment