Thursday, May 12, 2011

Crockpot Salsa Chicken

My neighbor made this for us after we brought our baby home. It was delicious. I made it for dinner yesterday. I am turning into a big crockpot fan! So quick and easy but then you actually have a nice home cooked meal at the end of the day.

This is kind of like a Hawaiian haystack with a Mexican twist.

Ingredients:
2-4 Chicken breasts
seasonings for chicken (I used Mrs. Dash but you could use anything, salt pepper, or garlic powder)
1 can black beans (drained)
15 oz salsa
1 can corn (drained)
8 oz cream cheese

Directions:
Put blackbeans and half of salsa in crockpot. Put chicken on top, seasoned as you will. Pour remaining salsa on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken with a fork and add corn and cream cheese. Cook on high for 30 minutes. Serve over rice. Leftovers can be eaten in a tortilla with tomatoes and lettuce.

I was going to half this recipe and cook it in a smaller receptacle like the barbecue chicken. But I had two large chicken breasts frozen together and didn't know what to do with half a can of black beans and corn so I just made the whole thing. It looks like it would probably freeze well though so if you don't like to eat leftovers for a week you could try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment