Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hour Bread for French Toast

I like this bread recipe because it only takes one hour to make start to finish. It isn't quite right for sandwich bread but I LOVE it for french toast. I will often make a batch and cook the whole loaf into french toast so I can eat it for breakfast all week. (Or freeze some for later).

This recipe is very versatile and can be used as a pizza crust or even turned into cinnamon rolls.

The measurements are kind of weird because the original recipe made four loaves and I like just one at a time.

Ingredients:
2 5/8 C flour
3 Tbs sugar
1/4 Tbs salt
3/4 Tbs yeast
3/4 Tbs vital wheat gluten
1 C water

Directions:
Combine dry ingredients in a large mixer. Add water and knead for 5 minutes. Roll out and then roll up into proper loaf size. Place in greased pan and let rise for 25 minutes. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350. Bake for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment