Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Muffin Doughnut Holes



While Pumpkin Muffin Doughnut Holes is a long name for a recipe, I like to know what I am dealing with from the beginning. It is fall and so I am making a lot of pumpkin foods lately. I have been wanting to try these for a while but never got around to it until today. As I ate them I was wondering why I had waited so long. These were AMAZING! They were so delicious that I couldn't stop myself before I ate *six* of them. They definitely satisfied my doughnut craving and were so much easier than doughnuts - no deep frying!

I adapted the recipe from here. Sorry for the weird measurements again. I halved the recipe and still easily got 2 dozen doughnut holes.

Ingredients:

Scant 3/4 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt

1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Allspice
1/6 C Vegetable Oil
1/4 C  Brown Sugar
1/2 Egg
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
scant 1/2 C canned Plain Pumpkin Puree
1/4 cup Milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
3-4 Tbs melted butter
1/4 C of cinnamon sugar mixture

Directions:
In a medium bowl stir together first six ingredients. In a larger bowl, whisk oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until smooth. Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just mixed. Spoon into a greased mini-muffin tin. Cook at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
Let rest two minutes before dipping.

While the muffins are baking, melt your butter in one bowl and create a cinnamon sugar mix in another. When the muffins are cool enough to handle, dip in butter and then in cinnamon sugar mix to coat. 


I did some calculations and each muffin is about 40 calories if you don't dip them. If you dip them (and I highly recommend you do) you are looking at closer to 60 calories a piece. So go ahead, eat a couple!

4 comments:

  1. Rachel, these sound so good I am going to try making some. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, let me know how you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say I LOVE this blog. I really do try almost every recipe that you post! Keep up the amazing cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I want to see you and your little belly soon :)
    Thanks for trying the recipes, that makes me happy~

    ReplyDelete