Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade Bars




 
I found this recipe via Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl this Sunday. It was fun to make because it had real strawberries in it and came out a great color without food coloring. I only wish my food processor was bigger than 21 oz so I could have made the whole thing in it like the directions called for. Unfortunately, my baby was napping so I didn't want to get the blender out. I used my somewhat quieter stand mixer and I think that things didn't get blended well enough. With that said, this was still an enjoyable twist on the classic lemon bar.


Ingredients:
Crust
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
Filling
1 C lemon juice
2-3 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup pureed strawberries (about 3/4 cup berries)
1 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
 
Directions:
Grease a 13x9 inch pan and preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar for the crust. Slowly add the flour and salt until crumbly. Press into pan and bake for about 17 minutes.

Meanwhile make the filling: In a food processor, blend lemon juice, zest, strawberries, sugar, and eggs until smooth. Pulse in flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour over the hot crust and put back in oven for another 23-26 minutes. Cool completely before slicing. Sprinkle powdered sugar over just before serving.

Makes 24 bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment